Therapeutic help for people suffering from narcissistsPsychological help for people who have suffered or are suffering from narcissists
Consequences of narcissism
Again and again, I help people who suffer or have suffered from narcissists. Mostly it is about preparing communication for problematic situations and making good decisions (on my part of course without legal advice!).
Narcissistic abuse is the term used to describe the harmful behavior of narcissistic people.
Many people still primarily think of violence as physical violence. However, verbal and emotional violence can also cause deep wounds. This is also violence!
Depending on the situation, many affected people hesitate for a very long time until they seek practical, legal, and emotional help.
Possible people to contact are coaches, lawyers, therapists, and counseling centers. Unfortunately, narcissists very often succeed in thwarting such attempts to escape. They know how to assert their interests through manipulation. With appropriate support, it is easier to take good care of oneself. The reward is a fulfilling, self-determined life. The journey to this goal requires courage. It is good to have support.
People who suffer from narcissists have to cope with different consequences. Common consequences include:
- Feelings of guilt
- Loss of self-esteem and the associated loss of access to inner and outer competencies, talents, and skills
- Loss of confidence in your own perception of reality states of confusion and emptiness in the head
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Post-traumatic stress disorder with nightmares, jitteriness, escape, and avoidance tendencies.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorders
- Exhaustion syndromes like Burn Out
- Physical symptoms for which no physical cause can be identified
- Confusion, disorientation, and depersonalization syndromes
- Antisocial behavioral problems
- Higher tendency to substance-related addictions (alcohol and anxiety-relieving tablets)
- Those who have been subjected to narcissistic abuse are more likely to develop an anxiety-preventing, dependent, or narcissistic personality structure or disorder.
- Chronic states of tension
As a coach, I support you with your communication and decisions, also in the context of narcissistic personalities. As a therapist, I am here to help you to free yourself from the emotional impact that results from contact with narcissists. I am specialized in anxiety and anxiety disorders.