Words are just words?Motto of the day*
Words with meaning
Today I share with you:
Yes, without proper attitude words are just words without meaning. Without the appropriate deeds, there is nothing but promises. A closer look at the media, an attentive ear in the discussions and many empty promises can be found. Clear points of view are often avoided. Too often, words have no value. If it bothers us, we could change it. At least for ourselves, we can decide whether we stand by our words or not. Why is it that we often do not say clearly enough what we really mean, but prefer to evade?
How about being more careful and clear about your own statements?
I select the motto of the day mostly because something about it appeals to me. Something attracts me or irritates me. It feels as if it could contain something and I want to get to the root of it. So I dedicate a motto to each day and let myself be surprised what it has to offer me.
Sometimes the reason for the choice clarifies itself only after a while. That's why the thoughts about the motto of the day are often not articles, but associations. They are thoughts transformed into words. They are spontaneous and I also publish them frequently while I am traveling. They, therefore, tend to appear in fragments. Feel invited to add your associations. Enrich the thoughts with your perspectives – to complete the picture.
How do you benefit best from the motto of the day?
Ask yourself constructive questions like the following and you will personally benefit from each motto of the day:
- What triggers the topic in you?
- Under what circumstances do you agree with the statement and when not?
- What is the significance of the statement for you?
- How can the motto of the day enrich your life?
- In what context could the statement be useful?
- Where and when do you want to remember it and how?
And what can I do if I disagree with a motto? There is often something personal to learn from quotations with which we disagree. Helpful questions in such a case are:
- What do you specifically disagree with?
- Do you think the statement is generally not helpful or only not suitable for you personally?
- Which aspect is worth taking a closer look at?